Protecting the privacy and security of student data is at the core of the work we do to make Naviance by Hobsons a trusted platform for schools and districts – and their parents and students that we collectively serve. We understand and take very seriously our obligations and responsibilities to act as good stewards of the information that schools entrust to us in order to provide them with tools to support their college and career readiness programs.
In order to operate Naviance, schools provide some minimally required student information. Otherwise, as a system of record for schools, Naviance receives only the student information that schools wish to house on the platform. The school or district always remains in control of their information, even after they share it with us.
- We only use student personal information to provide the services to the school or district.
- We do not ever sell or rent school or student information.
- We do not use student personal information to market to students.
- We continuously monitor and work to improve our privacy and security practices.
- We provide our employees with annual privacy and security training.