In the midst of the confusion and uncertainty surrounding this current pandemic, I wanted to take a moment to let you know that we at Naviance by Hobsons are here for you, and we are working hard to ensure you are supported during this time.
As a mother of two teenagers, I know well the many daily challenges that families across the nation are facing right now: students doing their best but struggling to stay engaged with distance learning, college students home and unsure when they’ll return to campus, and parents or guardians trying to support their children’s learning and social and emotional needs while balancing work responsibilities or job loss, child care and so many other duties. As a former teacher, not a day goes by that I do not thank our educators for their incredible, heroic efforts to support our kids through every hardship of this crisis. We could not get through this without our remarkable teachers and educators.
We take seriously the privilege of serving our 13 million students and 13,000 schools, and we’re humbled that, year after year, an overwhelming 95% of our clients continue to place their trust in Naviance. That’s why I asked my team to identify ways to continue supporting you and your students right now. They have responded to the charge with several resources that I am delighted to share:
- First and foremost, our Naviance Curriculum has been offered as open access for the remainder of this school year. Its 100+ online, self-paced lessons related to college, career, and life readiness provide educators with impactful and relevant content that can be deployed quickly to students for distance learning.
- Our best practices webinar series is available at no charge to assist you in learning how to utilize Naviance with your students to complete critical year-end activities online.
In addition to these resources, we’ve launched several NEW products to support the shift you are making to distance learning.
- Course Planner enables students to develop an online graduation plan, explore various career pathways and organize the completion of their requirements so they can stay on track despite not being in the classroom.
- Show Me How provides self-service instructional tours in Naviance designed to help students quickly understand College research features as they continue their college planning process while at home.
- College Profiles and College Events have new features including the ability to easily locate virtual events and quickly access links to virtual tours so students can continue their college research activities.
- Naviance Reporting provides new presentation-ready dashboards that inform schools and districts on student progress and compliance with state mandates.
- Naviance Insights Premium for Middle Schools helps staff track college outcomes for their students 5+ years after leaving school and identify variables that influence college outcomes to inform their college readiness strategy.
Finally, I’m excited about the work we are doing to build the future Naviance. We are accelerating the development of additional Naviance tools and products for career exploration, success planning, college application workflows, scholarships, and student readiness reporting. We will provide details soon about these exciting new capabilities for Naviance.
I hope these additional resources will benefit you and your students right now and into the future. Over the past 16 years, Naviance has had the privilege of serving the largest and most diverse community of schools and districts with our market-leading college, career, and life readiness (CCLR) solution. We don’t take your partnership and trust for granted and are confident that by working together to support you and your students, we will all come out of this stronger than before.
If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. The entire Hobsons and Naviance team stands ready to be of service.
Kate Cassino, CEO