Can you believe that Naviance Summer Institute is next week? We have put together a checklist of things you should do before, during, and after the conference to ensure you’re prepared to have an awesome conference experience.
Before the Conference
1. Download the mobile app.
2. Make a list of all the people you know you want to meet at NSI. Connect online with these folks before the conference starts (the mobile app makes this easy!), and then schedule a time and place to get together during the event.
3. Prepare a list of questions and start building your schedule to find answers. What are your biggest challenges? What do you want to learn more about? What skills do you need to brush up on? Based on your questions, determine which sessions or trainings you want to attend and add to your calendar.
4. Pack your school spirit wear! NSI participants are encouraged to wear t-shirts or other apparel that represent your school during our Welcome Reception on Tuesday night.
5. Don’t forget the essentials: business cards, laptop, tablet or mobile device, power cord, chargers, and notebook.
6. Sign up to give a video interview with the Hobsons team. Share with us your stories about a student or a teacher who inspired you, about a project you’re working on at your school, or about why you love what you do!
7. Pre-order an official NSI 2015 t-shirt to commemorate your conference experience and pick up from the Hobsons team once you’re on-site. T-shirts will also be available for purchase during the week.
8. Share your excitement about the conference on social media. Let folks know you are coming to NSI, what you’re looking forward to, what you hope to learn, and who you want to meet. Don’t forget to include #NSI2015!
During the Conference
9. First time attendee? Stop by the Conference Attendee Orientation to get acquainted with the conference.
10. Attend sessions and write down at least one takeaway from each presentation or conversation. Go a step further and share your tips, insights, and inspiration with everyone by live tweeting during sessions and events using #NSI2015.
11. Take advantage of networking opportunities at the College & Sponsor Fair. Meet our higher education and corporate partners and learn how they can help support your students.
12. Visit the User Experience Lab and provide feedback to product developers, product managers, and user experience professionals. Here you can:
- Learn what other attendees are doing with Naviance
- Share ideas on how we can make Naviance easier to use
- Directly contribute to product ideas for future consideration
- Share how Naviance features fit into your busy life
13. Learn more about our higher education partners by attending our college-sponsored breakfast on Thursday morning. Thanks to the University of Oregon, Clemson University, University of Alabama, University of Arizona, and University of Tampa for sponsoring!
14. Be bold and get out of your comfort zone. It’s easy to sit in the back during presentations or skip networking events because you don’t know anyone. Leave your comfort zone and strike up conversations with other participants. It’s possible that you’ll meet someone who has an answer to the questions you identified before the conference!
After the Conference
15. Complete the conference evaluations in the mobile app. We value your feedback and depend on you to let us know how we can improve the conference for future participants.
16. Download session materials and notes from the mobile app. We’ll leave these up in the mobile app after the conference, but only for a limited time.
17. Follow up with people you met at the conference. This could be a follow on LinkedIn or Twitter, a quick email, or by connecting on the Naviance Network.
18. Put into practice what you learn! Share your experiences and findings with your colleagues to help drive Naviance adoption and awareness within your school community.
19. Save the date! Mark your calendars for NSI 2016 on July 19–22 at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, Arizona.