California College Readiness Block Grants: Implications & Opportunities for California Schools
September 20, 2016
Time 10 am PDT
Duration: 1 hour
- Lora Ballard, Site Technology Coordinator at ABC Unified School District
- Tom Chorneau, Managing Editor, The Cabinet Report
- David DeSchryver, Senior Vice President, Co-Director of Research at Whiteboard Advisors
- Dr. S. Lee Funk, Director, Special Education at School Innovations & Achievement
- David Loyola, Program Specialist, Association California School Administrators
- Tim Waldron, Hobsons
The upcoming release of $200 million dollars in block grants for college and career readiness by the California Department of Education signals a growing focus on preparing California students for life after high school and long-term success.
Join a panel of educators and experts for a timely webinar to better understand the opportunities and the implications of the grant, including:
- What are the indicators for college readiness and how will they be measured?
- What is the formula for determining recipients?
- How will the grants dovetail with current accountability plans?
- How can schools and districts prepare for the grant application process?